Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Patience and Balance

By day four of any adventure you should expect some adversity. Fortunately for me, nothing I can’t overcome. However a dog fight, traffic and failing hard drives have made this trip interesting. But it’s the dinosaurs, rare gems and good friends that keep me going. 

“The key to a happy life is to accept that you’re never in control.” - Simon Masrani (Jurassic World)

We can control how we think and act but we can never control our circumstances. I’ve known this but really accepting this is what is going to carry me through the next several months on the road.
And after a full week I’ve realized that I definitely underestimated how much energy is required for an excursion like this. Today I was wondering how on earth I could maintain this and then realized that the only way to do that is with balance. So aside from seeing the Alamo in San Antonio today, I will be relaxing at my campsite with a book and recharging for the next leg of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment