Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Passion

I recently learned that the word "passion" comes from the latin word "pati" which means to suffer or to endure.

I think we all have passions, something we're willing to suffer for. The thing that's most interesting to me about passion, is that it rarely feels like suffering as you're enduring it. You make sacrifices that are worth the outcome. There's an overwhelming belief that you're doing something right or for a greater purpose.

Passion can be unpredictable and even illogical but it's rarely a bad thing. Individuals who harness that passion and live with it often see all the possibilities of life in a beautiful light. Passion can lead to accomplishments far greater than one could dream of. Passion allows people to connect on arguably the deepest of levels.

I know I've suffered for my love of photography. Years ago I used to stay up literally all night to photograph raves. I carried a heavy bag full of equipment 10 hours a day for days on end in the hot Florida sun for the Firestone (formerly Honda) Grand Prix. I've gone out in freezing cold weather in order to shoot landscapes and nature. I've committed to shoots when I'd rather be spending time with friends and family. I find that, for me at least, it's always worth it. I never regret or really even think about these "struggles" as they're occurring.

I believe that my dedication to my passion has made me a better person. I'm more patient, diligent, friendly and driven because of it. Photography is my passion, what's yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment