Saturday, December 16, 2017

Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride

And so it begins..

When you initially strap into the seat of a rollercoaster, you may be excited or anxious. However, your heart rate doesn't begin to truly accelerate until you're climbing up to that initial drop. And by that point, it's too late. There's no stopping the ride now, you're in it to win it through all the twists, turns, loops, drops and climbs. And when will it end? Who knows? You can't see the end of the ride until you're pulling back into the station.

This analogy came to me last night after waking at 4am in a cold sweat. The reality of my decision is setting in, although a rollercoaster may make you excited, scared and shock your system with adrenaline, rarely do people die or even get injured.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I've decided after 10 years of loyalty to an amazing company that I was going to leave the security of my day job to pursue my passion for photography. Truthfully I know my calling is to create. I've been creative from the jump but always had a hard time calling myself an artist. It's time to put up or shut up.

I will continue to share the process of my evolution into a full time creative professional here, and also in as many other social platforms as I can. I'd love to hear your feedback on anything that I can do to make this more entertaining or interesting. Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment